WE ARE CHRIST CENTERED
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)
- We believe that God loves us and wants to have a personal relationship with every one of us. The way to experience this is through Jesus. He is the means for all people to know and experience God.
- We believe that in order for us to have a personal relationship with God, Jesus stood in the 1gap between us and God. That gap was created through our own turning away from God. Jesus created a way across that gap with His own death on the cross and resurrection from the grave.
- We believe God has forgiven us, healed us, and made us whole through Jesus. Being followers of Jesus enables us to become what God desires us to be. Following Jesus is a life long adventure.
WE ARE BIBLICAL
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the person of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Tim. 3:16-17 (NIV)
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God. That it has faithfully recorded God’s desires and will for our lives and for our world.
- We believe the Bible speaks to our culture today of cure and hope for the troubling issues we face. The Bible is an infallible rule and guide for life.
WE ARE MISSIONAL
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV)
- We believe that our church exists to worship the one true God and to help others find God through Jesus.
- We believe we are called to be a beacon of light and hope of God’s love to the people of our community. God calls us to show His light through our life, our actions and our love.
- We believe that God has called us to serve people in His name locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. We believe every single one of us is called to be involved in service and ministry in our church and community and to make a difference in this world.
- We believe people can be changed and transformed through Jesus. We believe marriages can be healed, families can be made whole, and individuals can change and grow. We seek to do that through prayer, Bible study with one another, worship, and following Jesus.
WE ARE A FAMILY
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35 (NIV)
- We genuinely love and care for one another. And we believe no matter how large we grow as a church that we are all connected to one another as the family of God.
- We believe the best way to experience being part of God’s family here is through a connection with one another, experienced best in our small groups, Bible studies, and ministry teams.
WE ARE PRESBYTERIAN
“The elders who direct the affairs of the church…”1 Tim. 5:17 (NIV)
- Every church has a way that it governs or orders itself. We do so through a group of leaders called elders (the word Presbyterian comes from the Greek word for elders). The elders along with the pastors and staff govern and lead the church.
- We are part of the Evangelical Presbyterian branch which emphasizes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior alone, the Bible as God’s word to us, and the mission to reach the world for Jesus.
1 This gap was caused by our sin. Sin is defined by the Bible as falling short of God’s standards and commands. Sin is an inescapable human condition and one from which we all suffer. The only cure for this condition, the only way to be fully healed of it and reconciled to God is through turning to Jesus Christ, giving to him our lives, and confessing him as our personal savior and Lord (John 3:16-17, 14:6; Romans 3:22-23, 5:8, 6:23).